“A goal without a plan is just a wish.”Antoine de Saint-Exupery
The extended essay (EE) is a mammoth project that requires impeccable planning and execution. Organizing skill-building workshops and ensuring that students stick to deadlines amongst other tasks is not easy for any EE coordinator. How, then, can schools creatively plan this entire journey and what does the successful culmination of the EE look like?
Our extended essay success stories resource is a treasure chest of creative practices for the EE curated from 20+ IBDP schools around the world. Featuring actionable, tried-and-tested solutions that have proved successful across global school contexts, this resource will help you discover new answers to familiar challenges!
- Unique ways to support students’ EE subject and topic choices
- Strategies for assigning EE supervisors
- Ways to celebrate the completion of the EE journey
Ideas for using this resource:
- Use it as a tool to reflect on the current EE processes in place at your school
- Select unique ideas to execute different aspects of the EE
- Print it and keep a copy of it in the library as a ready reference for teaching teams