High-quality learning environments in Early Years rely on these elements:
- Adults who are attuned to the child and their interests
- Responsive additions to the learning environment
- Skilled educators who can scaffold learning through meaningful interactions
- Engagement of Sustained Shared Thinking (SST) as the educator encourages, models, and extends thinking
If you’re already using Schemas in Play to observe and support children’s natural play then you’re already tuned in and connected with your children. With this set of vocabulary cards, take it to the next level and engage children in conversations which extend the learning, deepen conceptual understandings, and develop new vocabulary.
This postcard set provides an abundance of action words for each schema that can be used in conversations to build children’s vocabulary.
How to use these downloadable postcards:
- Print and display in the learning area for quick reference
- Share specific cards with parents when you see their child engage in related schematic play
- As a guide when planning learning experiences, resources, and interactions