“ When members of the learning community have a shared understanding and language to monitor, document and measure learning, they can make powerful contributions to learning and teaching.”
The Learning Community
From Principles into Practices
Education has adapted to different models of learning during this pandemic – in-person, hybrid, remote, online, flipped. Now more than ever, it is important for teachers to foster a strong classroom culture by partnering with parents. With kitchen tables turning into workstations and families trying to balance work and school, we want to ensure that you have all the resources you need to set your class community – students and parents, up for success.
To help you create a shared understanding and language, we have designed 8 tools that your parents and students can use at home. For each tool in this toolbox, we have shared ideas and strategies for using them. These strategies can be used as extensions by you as teachers or could be the responsibility of parents and students to do at home. The intentional design of the tools ensures that they can be used both – in an open-ended and flexible or in a structured and timely manner.
What You’ll Get:
- Checklist of materials for setting up a learning space at home
- Templates to design weekly and daily schedules
- Feelings cards and tracker to check-in on feelings
- DIY essential agreements poster
- Infographic on virtual learning expectations and space behaviour
- Learner Profile Attributes weekly reflection tool
- Approaches to Learning action goals and cards
- Inquiry question prompts