Join our virtual workshop designed for MYP schools in Australia and New Zealand. Engage in expert-led discussions, gain actionable insights, and expand your professional network within your local educational community.
About the Sessions
From Knowledge to Understanding: Unlock the Power of Conceptual Learning
10:00 – 11:30 am AEST | 90 minutesAccess Padlet
Engage in a thought-provoking professional learning session delving into conceptual learning within the IB Middle Years Programme. Explore strategies for teaching conceptually to promote deep understanding and transfer of learning in students. Extend your practice from knowledge acquisition to emphasising conceptual mastery, discovering how concepts connect learning in meaningful and powerful ways. Don’t miss this transformative session that will enhance conceptual teaching and learning in your classroom!
In this session, you will learn how to:
- Encourage student explorations of diverse topics through a conceptual lens
- Teach conceptually to help students apply knowledge in real-world contexts
- Empower students to make meaningful connections and engage in interdisciplinary learning
Unleash the Potential: A Journey into the IB MYP Framework
11:30 am – 12:30 pm AEST | 60 minutes
Discover the intricacies of the IB Middle Years Programme in this practical online workshop. Designed for educators who are new to the MYP, this workshop will guide you through an introduction to essential MYP topics- including assessment and unpacking criteria strands, command terms, Approaches to Learning, and so much more! Expand your understanding and gain actionable insights to effectively implement the MYP framework in your classroom, and empower your students for success.
In this session, you will:
- Deep-dive into the essential elements of the IB MYP
- Understand how powerful teaching the MYP can be
- Learn ways to best implement the MYP in your classroom tomorrow