About the talk
Not everyone has access to a super well-resourced Science laboratory, but that shouldn’t stop children from being brilliant scientists!
In this talk with educator Dr. Jo Montgomery, uncover a treasure chest of Science investigations for 9-13 year old children and make learning fun, meaningful, and relevant. Be it in person or remote, these experiments are sure to leave your students with infinite curiosity about the world around them.
To actively engage with this session, make sure to keep the following handy –
- 4 or 5 glasses, jars or glass bottles (preferably the same/similar sizes)
- Metal spoon
- A bowl
- A few raisins, dried cranberries or grains of rice
- Carbonated drink (eg club soda, Sprite/7Up/fizzy lemonade/carbonated water) or vinegar and sodium bicarbonate
- Uncover a variety of easy to set up, hands-on Science investigations using minimal resources
- Create learning experiences that provoke inquiry and develop scientific thought in lower and upper primary students