Planning in the MYP goes well beyond daily lessons; it captures the essence of how we want to shape the learning cultures at our schools! Join us at our upcoming workshop to discover pathways to purposeful planning and ATL integration in your classroom.
- Understand how planning practices shape school cultures
- Design MYP unit plans for intentional student learning
- Align ATL skill development with students’ learning goals
Session I: Parallel Journeys: MYP Planning Practices (1 hour)
Speaker: Damian Rentoule
Join us for a thought-provoking workshop to discover the impact of MYP unit planning on a student’s classroom journey. Through an interactive exploration of the unit planning process, and aligning these to your school’s unique contexts, you’ll gain a deeper understanding of how to create meaningful learning experiences. Don’t miss this opportunity to brainstorm the nuts and bolts of unit planning and create impactful learning cultures at your school.
- Consider the role of MYP planning in shaping a child’s experience in the classroom
- Explore the connections between the various parts of an MYP unit planner
- Reflect on the MYP experience as if we were the child
Session II: Future Ready: Using the ATL Skills to drive 21st century learning (1 hour)
Speaker: Sarah Phillips
In this engaging workshop, you’ll discover the power of the Approaches to Learning (ATL) skills in the MYP. Unpack how you can align ATL skills with your subjects’ learning goals and take away practical strategies for embedding the ATL skills into learning experiences. This session is your opportunity to enhance your understanding of the ATL skill framework and empower your students to become lifelong learners!
- Consider the value-add of the ATL skills in the MYP
- Explore how ATLs can be aligned with students’ learning goals
- Discuss practical strategies for embedding ATL skills into learning experiences