About the Talk
Central Ideas often drive the Unit of Inquiry in the PYP, yet many educators around the world have questions about how to design a strong Central Idea. In this webinar, Kirsten provides guidance on how to create and write strong Central Ideas by identifying concepts that will guide the unit. Unpack a 12-point Central Idea checklist to develop an understanding of how to construct Central Ideas. Takeaway checklists and frameworks to support your collaborative planning teams.
Access the checklists in Kirsten’s blog here.
- Providing guidance for Central Ideas
- Using curriculum to identify concepts and support Central Ideas
- Collaborating for common understanding
- Scaffolding thinking to complex levels using Lynn Erickson’s model
- Checking the strength of a Central Idea
- Creating a Central Idea Process